Sunday, 8 January 2017

5 Ways to Relax After a Long Week



So it's the first week of January, and already I find myself feeling worn out and daydreaming about the weekend! If you're like me, and have had a tough first week at work, or you're stressed out with university and exams, or even if you just feel like chilling out this weekend (because who doesn't love a chill day!?) - then I've got a few things that you could do to ease that heavy weight off your shoulders!


Film fest and a tonne of snacks:

If you know me, then you'll know that I love to watch films. Because with films comes snacks, and I love a snack or two...or three, or four. I spend most of my weekends watching film after film, and diving into my snack cupboard (yes, I have a cupboard just for snacks) mulling over whether today's the day for the unboxing of the fancy chocolates, or how many packets of popcorn should I pop.

So grab a few cushions, fluffy blankets, pop on your comfiest pyjamas and cosiest socks - and veg out on the sofa for a couple of hours!

Binge on a TV Series:

If films aren't your thing and you prefer to watch something shorter like an episode, then why not start up on a new TV drama? I've seen quite a few (and re-watched a lot), and sometimes escaping into the world of Beverley Hills, or the Upper East Side is just what you need! Here are a few of my favourites that I'd highly recommend!


One Tree Hill - 9 seasons, 187 episodes
Breaking Bad - 5 seasons, 62 episodes
90210 - 5 seasons, 114 episodes
Gossip Girl - 6 seasons, 121 episodes
Pretty Little Liars - 7 seasons, 150 episodes

Colouring:



Do you have quite a busy lifestyle and find that you don't have much time to do anything? Colouring books are perfect for using some of that stress and tension towards something creative. What I love about these books is that you don't have to be this professional artist to do them. I personally used to love drawing when I was younger but I didn't have a creative bone in my body. I was good at drawing from observation but when it came to things as simple as doodling - I sucked.

For these, all you need is some colouring pencils, and then just let the pencils flow! I tend to just randomly pick a colour for random sections and 9 times out of 10, they somehow just work! It's oddly very relaxing.

Give yourself a mini spa treatment:




Remember those chick flick films, where all the girls get together and go to this amazing spa to relax, and that always involved lounging on a bench with a mud mask on and eating the cucumber on their eyes? Well, sadly I don't have the time, money, or even friends *plays violin*, so I've brought the spa to me!

Here are my steps to pamper heaven:

  1. Hop into a nice hot shower, or relaxing bath if you have more time.
  2. Scrub away all the stress with your favourite exfoliator - I am loving The Body Shop's Moringa Exfoliating Cream Body Scrub!
  3. Remember to rub some of that love back into your skin with a good body cream - I recommend Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter 100%.
  4. Wash away the long day with a fresh facial cleanser - I'm using my favourite one at the moment, The Body Shop's Seaweed Deep Cleansing Gel Wash.
  5. Apply a more than generous amount of your favourite clay mask - You HAVE to try The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask. My skin has never felt better!
  6. Sit back and RELAX.

Curl up with a book:

Nothing says relax like cosy-ing up with a cup of tea, and a good book in your lap. I just love to end my day with the calming smells of my candles, tea or hot chocolate in hand, and immersing myself in a fictional world. I am loving Sophie Kinsella books at the moment! They're girly, hilarious and light - so all around perfect!

What do you like to do to relax? I'd love to hear about it, so please do comment and tell me!

See you guys in my next post, and please remember to follow me on Bloglovin' and like my Facebook!



BLOGLOVIN' | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | 

6 comments:

  1. Coloring is so relaxing. One of my favorite ways to unwind!

    Sara | www.saraspoke.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I was so surprised by how much I actually enjoy it haha! x

      Delete
  2. I love this.. I always put a face mask on to relax, I actually have that body shop one too! I am loving your blog too, keep up the amazing work gorgeous gal! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't live without an amazing face mask in my life! Ah snap, the body shop one's amazing! Aw thank you so much lovely, that means a lot - your fashion posts are always incredible! x

      Delete
  3. These are such great ideas! I really need to do this more often, give myself a pamper night or read more definitely! :) thanks for sharing!

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate! I know, nowadays I find myself being so busy but I neeeed my pamper time! We all deserve some me-time!
      I love your blog btw! xx

      Delete